tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pitre, Russell" <RPi...@shawmut.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat JDBC problem
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:54:14 GMT
I definitely new to all this stuff but i was able to successfully use
the driver........

here's what i did...

1.. Put mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar    in
CATALINA_HOME\common\lib
2.. Didn't worry about setting the classpath for it...
3.. Server.xml stuff

						<parameter>

<name>username</name>

<value>tomcat</value>
						</parameter>
						<parameter>

<name>password</name>

<value>sinner</value>
						</parameter>

						<!-- Class name for
MySQL jdbc driver-->
			<parameter>
			<name>driverClassName</name>

<value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
			</parameter>

						<!--JDBC Connection
URL-->
			<parameter>
	<name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/tomcatbook?autoReconnect=true</value>
			</parameter>
		</ResourceParams>

4.  Web.xml stuff

		<resource-ref>
			<description>DB Connection</description>
			<res-ref-name>jdbc/Show</res-ref-name>
			<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
		</resource-ref>

Hope this helps!