tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pitre, Russell" <RPi...@shawmut.com>
Subject RE: Connecting IIS 5.0 to Tomcat 4.1.24?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:30:03 GMT
Here's a good link as well.......

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/12/18/tomcat.html

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominic Parry [mailto:dom@rucus.ru.ac.za]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 3:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connecting IIS 5.0 to Tomcat 4.1.24?

Hi David

I have exactly that configuration working :). Here are my configs:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0]
"serverRoot"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Tomcat 4.1"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"workersFile"="C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Tomcat
4.1\\conf\\workers2.properties"
"logLevel"="DEBUG"

workers2.properties:

[shm]
file=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\logs\shm.file
size=1048576

[channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

My jk2.properties is empty because I just wanted to use the defaults as
I'm not running anything special on it.

Other things to note:

1) In the IIS console:

    Make sure that the jakarta virtual folder points to the location of
the isapi_redirector.dll file. It should also have execute
permissions.

2) Check that the event viewer has no errors generated by the connector
when you restart IIS.

3) I had to give permissions on the folder containing
isapi_redirector.dll to the IUSR_[your host name here] account.

4) Believe it or not, I had to reboot winXP, as a last resort, but it
worked. I think it's because of the order in which the services are
loaded.

Hope this helps!

Dom