tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Does Tomcat is OK?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:26:55 GMT
Hi,

Performance of such application is more or less based on how it's implemented, and the hardware
it runs on.
Tomcats performance is quite good in comparison with other servlet/jsp containers.  It's also
reliable, so I cant see a reason for you not to use it.

If you will have 150 users all banging on the application at the same second you might have
to increase maxProcessors attribute in server.xml to handle at least 150 concurrent requests
with 150 threads, but usually 150 users is not much.

Hope it helps
-reynir