tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Foisy" <Luc.Fo...@technical-magic.com>
Subject 2 NIC's one tomcat instance
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:09:43 GMT

OS - Some form of RedHat
Tomcat - 4.1.18+

Currently we have one NIC on this server. Users direct their browswers to a web address (located
at clients ISP, we store the graphics here, since they have a way bigger pipe) and the browser
is redirected to the clients server to IPAddress:port 8080/context. Apache is not handling
these connections, it is straight to Tomcat.

The client mentioned wanting a second NIC installed on this server, to handle connections
from a cable service provider in case the primary ASDL connection fails.

If we had the second web address be directed to the same IPAddress:port 8080/context, would
Tomcat be able to handle serving to the two NIC's?
(admitting that I am not 100% knowledgable about these network connections and stuff)

Luc Foisy