tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chisholm, Paul" <>
Subject Environment variables
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:45:23 GMT
I am using 4.1.24 in Win 2000. I pass an environment variable to Tomcat
by adding

to catalina.bat and all is fine when I start Tomcat from a script that
calls "bin/startup.bat". However, if I start Tomcat from the menu item
that is automatically created during installation it does not find the
environment variable. The target in the menu item shortcut is

"......\java.exe" -jar -Duser.dir="c:\jakarta-tomcat-4"
"c:\jakarta-tomcat-4\bin\bootstrap.jar" start

Does this not use catalina.bat? Do I need to set the environment
variable at a different location?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message