tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chisholm, Paul" <Paul.Chish...@AirservicesAustralia.com>
Subject Filters and Forwarding
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:46:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a servlet X that forwards to a servlet Y. When Y is requested
directly there is a filter specified in web.xml that does some
preprocessing of the request. When X forwards to Y I want the request to
pass through the filter, but it seems to go straight to Y. Associating
the filter with X wont work because the filter would then process the
request before X, instead of between X and Y. I can incorporate the
functionality of the filter in Y but that defeats the whole purpose of
using filters (there are situations where I want to use Y without the
filter). Is there is way to do what I want?

Thanks,
Paul