tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Knox <jk...@lvcm.com>
Subject Re: Switching to virtual hosts gives permission error
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 16:01:42 GMT
Dave,

I saw something like that if I didn't put the virtual host directories
in CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT. I could live with that, but then I had a
major problem. I couldn't get forms using POSTs or URLs with parameters
to work (ex:  index.jsp?name=bob). Somebody recommended that move from
mod_jk to mod_jk2. Mod_jk2 needs threaded Apache and instead of
recompiling Apache 1.3 I upgraded to 2.0. The Apache 2.0/mod_jk2/Tomcat
4.1 combination works great. The GET method works and I was able to
move my htdocs directories back to their original locations.

I hope this helps.

Jeff