tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schwartz, David (CHR)" <David.Schwar...@pfizer.com>
Subject RE: JSTL and EL question - SOLVED
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:36:37 GMT
Thats a great idea & much easier to implement.
How can I determine if the jar file has the tld?
More specifically, I'm using the jakarta dbtags. do they package it that
way?

-----Original Message-----
From: Karr, David [mailto:David.Karr@wamu.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 11:21 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JSTL and EL question - SOLVED

The setup can be a little simpler than this.  The taglib jar can contain
the TLD for the taglib in the "META-INF" directory of the jar.  If it is
present there, you do not have to deploy the TLD separately.  In
addition, if the TLD is present there, you do not have to have the
explicit taglib map in your "web.xml" file.  In this case, your "taglib"
directive in the JSP page needs to specify the URI that is specified in
the TLD in  the taglib jar file, which is hopefully documented in the
taglib documentation (so you don't have to open the file in the jar
file).

If this is done correctly, you can skip steps 2 and 3 of this process.

or
> "${CATALINA_HOME}/shared/lib" (all web-apps will have access to it).
You