tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego" <>
Subject RE: running tomcat offline
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:12:29 GMT

I use a hosts file to name the machine whatever I want.  I think this would also eliminate
the need for an internet connection (to get to DNS).  I put the same name in the server.xml
everywhere that localhost appears.  Seams to work for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: P.Ruijters []
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 2:03 PM
Subject: running tomcat offline

Is it possible to develop servlets in tomcat offline? Currently I do need an internet connection
to be able to run my servlets/jsp. Without the connection it does not. This is inconvenient
if you want to work on say a laptop temporarily not being able to connect to the internet.
If it is possible to have tomcat run this way what settings should be applied to which files?

Thanks for your time

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message