tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Gierat <lgie...@orange.net>
Subject probelm running webapp on tomcat 4.1.24
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:48:26 GMT
Hi,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this - I'm banging my head against a wall here...

I've just installed tomcat 4.1.24, because it supports multiple developers using a single
install (we used to use tomcat 3. The guy who set that up is on holiday, etc., etc.) I'm a
tomcat newbie, but I've searched high and low for a solution to this, and even the mighty
google couldn't help.

Tomcat runs fine using my own specific CATALINA_BASE, but as soon as I put in my own war file
into the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps, I can't get it to start.

I'm NOT running startup.sh with the '-security' flag, but these are my (edited) error messages:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /tmp/giera_l/tomcat/webapps/vpp/WEB-INF
/classes/my/package/uk/vportal/service/frontend/ServiceManager.class read)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:890)
        at java.io.File.exists(File.java:546)

		  <snip>

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /tmp/giera_l/tomcat/webapps/vpp/WEB-INF
/classes/org/apache/jasper/servlet/JspServlet.class read)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:399)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:890)
        at java.io.File.exists(File.java:546)

		  <snip>

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /tmp/giera_l/tomcat/webapps/tomcat-docs
read)

		  <snip>

The war file worked in tomcat 3.3.1, and is pretty simple. As far as I can tell, everything
is in the correct place in it (jars in WEB-INF/lib, classes in WEB-INF/classes).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Leon