tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: faulty fix for (javax.servlet does not exist)
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 12:15:02 GMT

You have an invalid classpath.  Note that you must add each and every .jar
file to the classpath.  It is invalid to specify *.jar.  The only way that
would work is by using a batch file and looping through all jar files in a
directly and then adding each to the classpath for each iteration.  Fix
that and your compilation will start working properly.  I'd suggest
learning about Ant to do you builds as well.

Jake