tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Rimov <rim...@centercomp.com>
Subject Re: JDBC and MS Access DB connectivity.
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 07:12:46 GMT
At 09:26 PM 6/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm trying to use DataSource objects (eventually connection pooling) with MS
>Access Database.
>My question is, do we have to have an ODBC-JDBC Bridge driver in place in
>$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib/ location for using javax.sql.DataSource objects
>to create connections to the database.
>If so, where do I get this jar file for the driver?

JDBC-ODBC bridge comes AFAICT as part of the JDK.  HOWEVER, don't
[emphasis] use it for production use.  And I even doubt if the default
bridge implements javax.sql.DataSource....  [Can't verify, but since it
doesn't even do Metadata for tables, I'm dubious about it ]
If you MUST use production JDBC to ODBC  then perhaps try something like
Easysoft's drivers. {Commercial}

http://www.easysoft.com/products/2003/main.phtml

[I haven't tried it myself... but they advertise a 'production quality'
bridge, and I've at least used their InterBase ODBC driver with success]

HTH,
                                         -Mike