tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Upgrading to Tomcat 5
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:09:34 GMT
I attempted to upgrade my Tomcat 4.1.24-based application to Tomcat 5.0.2
this morning and found a few issues:

1.  I had to put mail.jar and activation.jar into common/lib so my log4j's
SMTPAppender would work.
2.  I had to copy log4-*.jar into common/lib to workaround this error:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable
Log constructor [Ljava.
lang.Class;@1d33a6b for org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:432)

3.  In one of my JSP's, I have:

<%@ page import="org.apache.struts.Globals" %>
<c:remove var="<%=Globals.ERROR_KEY%>" scope="request"/>

This works in Tomcat 4.1.x, but fails in Tomcat 5.  Is this a bug in 4.1.x
or 5.x?

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /common/messages.jsp(12,4) According to
TLD or attribute directiv
e in tag file, attribute var does not accept any expressions

4.  None of my logging configuration in
mywebapp/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties file is picked up.  Even moving it
to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib does not seem to help.

Thanks,

Matt