tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ruthenbeck <just...@nextengine.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat not loading JSP, anyone know solution?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:54:55 GMT

(0) Tomcat 1.4.1, huh?  I hope that's a typo.  ;)

(1) Try hitting Tomcat directly when you're having problems with the
jsp's.  This should tell you for sure whether it's mod_jk or Tomcat.

(2) I'm assuming you're *not* precompiling your jsps.  Environment
permitting, here's another reason why precompiling is a great idea.

(2a) Make all of your contexts non-reloadable unless you *need* them to be
otherwise.

(3) Once you decide whether it's mod_jk or Tomcat, pump the logs up and see
what's happening.  Also, compare the host_access*.log files to your Apache
logs to track your requests through the process.  See who's getting them
and who's (not) responding.

justin

At 06:43 PM 6/16/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was hoping someone could shed some light on some trouble I've been having.
>Sometimes the website doesn't respond to jsp requests, but loading html
>files is okay.  Apache (1.3.27) and tomcat (1.4.1) on Red Hat 9 will both be
>running and be working for awhile, but then jsp fails to load (no response
>from server on .jsp requests.  .html loads fine).  Just as mysteriously, it
>will start working again (without restarting anything).  I've been trying to
>track down this problem for awhile.  I think it's a mod_jk problem, but I'm
>not certain.  What do you think it could be?
>
>Any input at all would be much appreciated, thank you for your time,
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wayne Chang
>Pacific Northwest Software
>Mobile:     (978) 869-3446