tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: why tomcat append WEB_0002dINF... to the precompiled jsp package
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:57:50 GMT
Why not?

When a page is precompiled (or even compiled at run time) - all that is
required is a valid java class name. (By the spec).

So it could be legal for tomcat to translate every jsp into a class called
more.Cowbell.java. This is ok since every JSP is loaded under its own class
loader.

But this would be a pain for debuggers since any breakpoint in the
"more.Cowbell" class could turn into debugging hell. So the naming of classes
is some composite of what you see below.

-Tim

Billy Ng wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am using ant to precompile the jsp files.  Let's say the in package name is "com.mycompany.jsp"
and the jsp file is in the /jsp/admin/logon.