tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject [OT] Couldn't find trusted certificate
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:58:01 GMT
I know, this is O-T.

How can I load a cacert which is NOT in the cacerts file? (I have
read-only access to that file so I can't add my cacert to it)

Thank you very much.

Antonio Fiol

Bill Barker wrote:

>"Antonio Fiol Bonnín" <fiol.bonnin@terra.es> wrote in message news:3EF930C2.4060605@terra.es...
>

>>I found that while trying to open a SSL (in fact HTTPS) connection from
>>inside a servlet. Could it be that?
>>

>If you have a 1.4.x JVM, then opening a https connection should be easy.  This is assuming
that the server has a Verisign or Thwait signed cert (at least for Sun's JVM, other vendors
may supply a different set of cacerts).  Otherwise you need to add the root signer to your
cacerts on the client.