tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: logging + tomcat (4.1.24,Linux)
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:28:43 GMT
When I use commons-logging - I ignore the loggers provided by tomcat. (Its
because I haven't read how to marry the two together) A problem of the tomcat
loggers is it is a boolean - you log or your don't. This is an issue when you
include many debug and trace calls. You don't want them logged unless you are
debugging. (But you also don't want to remove those statements either)

So in my situation  - I ignore the tomcat-loggers (almost), and use the
config settings for my logging implementation (In particular, log4j).

Someday - I'll learn how to configure log4j to shove its log entries back
into the tomcat loggers and still get the flexibility to choose logging level
by package (or class)

-Tim (The homicidal developer/admin - who still has lots to learn)