tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: installing a servlet
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:37:20 GMT
This is also on my wish list for docs. To have many many examples, for example:

jk (worker.properties && http.conf)
- Simple
- With advanced options
- With multiple workers (one host)
- With multiple workers & loadbalancer (one host)
- With multiple workers & mulitple loadbalancers (one host)
- All the above with virtual hosts
- All the above, with jk2

For example, the "simple version" more advanced versions
can say "refer" to simple version for property descriptions
--
#
# load balancing example for jk

# All the workers defined in this file
worker.list=cowbell

# Set properties for cowbell

# The worker is an ajp13 type. This means the apache (or other)
# process will connect via tcp/ip to a tomcat instance
# The tomcat instance better have a <Engine  jvmRoute="workerName"...>
# for loadbalancing to work right. Workers types may be:
#  - ajp13 - The commonly used ajp13 protocol (use this!)
#  - ajp12 - The old ajp12 protocol
#  - jni - Running tomcat in process
#  - lb - A holder to define workers in as part of a loadbalancer
worker.cowbell.type=ajp13

# Where ip address tomcat is listening for ajp connections
# alternate examples may include ...
#worker.cowbell.host=10.0.1.12
#worker.cowbell.host=fever.cowbell.net
worker.cowbell.host=localhost

# The port # tomcat is listening for ajp connections
worker.cowbell.port=8009

# property should be used when you have a firewall between your webserver
# and the Tomcat engine, who tend to drop inactive connections. This flag
# will told Operating System to send KEEP_ALIVE message on inactive
# connections (interval depend on global OS settings, generally 120mn),
# and  prevent the firewall to cut the connection. [1|0]
# this may be omitted
worker.cowbell.socket_keepalive=1

# property to webserver to cut an ajp13 connection after some time
# of inactivity. When choosing an endpoint for a request and the assigned
# socket is open, it will be closed if it was not used for the configured
# time. It's a good way to ensure that there won't too old threads living
# on Tomcat side, with the extra cost you need to reopen the socket next
# time a request be forwarded. This property is very similar to
# cache_timeout  but works also in non-cache mode.
# This setting times out in 300 seconds
# [default is do nothing, this may be omitted]
worker.cowbell.socket_timeout=300
--

-Tim