tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geralyn M Hollerman <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject Connector(s)/SSL
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:07:45 GMT
I am currently using Tomcat 4.0.4 and Apache 2.0.46 and the mod_jk2
connector. As I understand it, a client request comes in to port 80,
which Apache is listening on, and if necessary, it passes the request on
to Tomcat via the mod_jk2 connector. Now, I'd like to implement SSL -
but I'm not sure just how to interpret what the FAQs and HOW-TOs are
telling me - I *think* what they're saying is that I should let Apache
take care of SSL and configure Apache for - as in, for mod_ssl. But the
Tomcat docs talk about un-commenting the SSL <Connector> element in
server.xml - do I need to do that as well? How does that work, then,
with 2 <Connectors> - how are Apache and Tomcat joined?

And if I have Apache and Tomcat interfaced, just what do I need to do
for Tomcat when implementing SSL? The Tomcat SSL HOW-TO appears to be
talking about using Tomcat as a standalone - or maybe I'm not reading it
right?
--
Lynn Hollerman.