tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Lynch <...@sgi.com>
Subject Logging via log4j and war file question
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:01:07 GMT
I recently switch from doing "install", "remove" deployments via a build
directory to "deploy", "undeploy" via a war file.  Unfortuantely my
logging has stopped working.  I've traced it to the following statement:

PropertyConfigurator.configure(getServletContext().getRealPath("/")+"/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties");

It appears the getRealPath method doesn't work with war files, so I'm a
bit stuck.  How can I configure my logging from a file within the war
file, or can I?

Thanks,
Jim.