tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hartwig, Thomas" <t.hart...@crapoud.com>
Subject corrupt sessions
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:31:32 GMT
I have sometimes problems with corrupt sessions. Sometimes tomcat logs a
EOFException and the servlet is not responding any more if a user wants
to connect who has such a session. The browser is waiting endless for a
response.
Do you know a way to check the validity of a session and do you have
hints how to avoid corrupt sessions? I store some hashtables and vectors
in the session. Do I have to asure to call a finalizer, so the session
can be stored correct?
I have already tried to call request.getRequestedSessionId() but tomcat
falls asleep before.

I use org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager with Filestore at
Tomcat 4.0.6 and 4.1.24 (both the same problem):

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
                           debug="0"
                           saveOnRestart="true"
                           maxActiveSessions="50"
                           minIdleSwap="60"
                           maxIdleSwap="120"
                           maxIdleBackup="0">
	<Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
</Manager>

Thanks for any reply
Thomas