tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: How to use digital certificates
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:11:32 GMT
Do you mean... ?

      X509Certificate[] certs;

certs=(X509Certificate[])request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");
      if(certs!=null) {
          X509Certificate crt = certs[0];

          // Use the cert here.
          String subjectDNName = crt.getSubjectDN().getName();
          System.out.println("Issuer: "+crt.getIssuerDN().getName());
          // And so on...
      }

I developed a "simple" test servlet that may help you test your servlet
environment. If someone wishes it, I can contribute it to TC or send it
privately for any use. For that, please contact me at work: < antonio
dot fiol at red dot es >

Antonio Fiol

appa rao wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can any one give me an example of how to use Digital Certificates for authentication and
authorizatioin in Tomcat?  I am struggling to under the concept of certificates and their
use in authentication and authorization..  I am using Tomcat - 4.1.24.