tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Updating environmental/application variable
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:48:42 GMT
You can edit web.xml. Then stop and start the webapp via the manager application.

For server.xml based values - this can be done via the admin app. (In tomcat5
- this can also be "easily" done with jmx)

-Tim

manjunath wrote:
> Hi..
>
> Sub: Updating environmental/application variable without restarting servlet engine
>
> i want to change my webapp environment data/variable (like session time out or maxInactiveInterval
) dynamically, means without restarting the web server i want to update the envirinment settings
and servlet init parameter in web.xml. Is there any way to dynamically edit web.xml without
restarting servlet engine.