tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: getting a reply like this.
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:52:17 GMT
I may be wrong but...

This list knows nothing (as such) about MDaemon@logicaonline.com
Here's what i believe is happening:

1) You post to the list.
2) List delivers said post to all subscribers. One subscriber is, say,
xyz@logicaonline.com
3) The Mail Daemon/Post Master at logicaonline.com rejects the post
because the From address domain is hotmail.com and sends a rejection
response to the From address (you). xyz@logicaonline.com is oblivious

The list is probably noting that mails to xyz@logicaonline.com fail so
that account may die automatically after a while.

As John Turner noted earlier, it's a miscofiguration of the anti-spam
filter at logicaonline. Blocking MDaemon@logicaonline.com would have no
effect as no mails are directly sent to it.

Jon