tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Noel Rappin <nrap...@sockeye.com>
Subject Re: JSP Compiler output?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:44:55 GMT
There is a root cause, but it doesn't have the error info...

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.foo_jsp
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:209)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:131)
	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.load(JspCompilationContext.java:497)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:150)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:195)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

I was also able to replicate Tim's stack trace on a windows machine...
the relevant part is here..

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

It looks like in Tim's case, the compilation called at
JspServletWrapper:190 triggers an error, that my system is swallowing.
My system apparently makes it to JspServletWrapper:195, where it then
seems to be looking for the compiled jsp class file, which it's not
finding -- only then does my system show the stack trace.  The question,
I guess, is why is my system swallowing the javac DefaultErrorHandler?
I guess I'll dig into the code.

Thanks,

Noel