tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Best way to deploy an application?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:02:18 GMT
Topic most likely to start a flame war.

I like to do things manually. In 4.0 - I always edit server.xml and keep my
webapps out of the webapps dir. By doing a manual restart - I can guarantee
when my JVM crashes (or other stuff occurs) - I can guarantee it will restart.

In 4.1 - I plop an XML file in the webapps dir (with the context config) and
my webapps still reside somewhere else.

-Tim