tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to stop execution of infinite loop in Tomcat ?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:55:35 GMT
AFAIK, no. If the JSP/servlet was writing to stream - the browser closing the
connection could trigger an IO eventually. Of you can "luck out" with a
recursive loop and end up with a stack overflow.

But if you are in a tight loop like this:
while(true) {
   int foo=1;
}

Then you are out of most likely luck.

Killing threads in the JVM is "unsafe". See the java.lang.Thread for details why.

-Tim