tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Shaw <...@everserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: ClassCastException
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:25:20 GMT
 From memory,

Your ClassLoader has a constructor MyClassLoader() : 'inside' the
constructor you call 'super( this.getClass().getClassLoader() )' - NB
you can't actually do this as it involves doing stuff before the call to
the super constructor, but the semantics are the same.

Now you override the loadClass( name ) method and use the name to derive
the bytestream you need (the Class definition). This will only be called
if the current Class loading delegation model can't find the class.
[That's the point at which I would load a blob ...]

After that, 'ClassNotFoundException's are your problem ;-)

tim