tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lee W <...@unassemble.co.uk>
Subject Stopping external access to jsp files
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 22:47:17 GMT
Hi Everyone,

After some good advise from members of this lists (thanks again) I have
started learning about servlets.

I have created a simple servlet that act as a controller in my webapp,
this is where all requests get sent to.  However I have not been able to
find a way to stop users from getting to the .jsp files that the servlet
uses for the presentation element.

I know that I could use Tomcat along with Apache HTTP server to restrict
access to the JSP pages but I was wondering if anyone knew how to
specify in the web.xml file that users should not be able to get to the
jsp's but the servlets (and  jsp's can access other jsp's via include or
forward).  My reading of the docs on the tomcat website and by STW have
not yielded any suggestions.

Thanks again.

Regards

Lee