tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Chernyakov <Alexander.Chernya...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Re: tomcat linker error
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:02:51 GMT
Well I wish it was that simple.. the problem is that i have some prewritten classes which i
have to be using (they are compiled already ) and i cannot change the source code.  the line
that causes the error is the line that retrieves the environment variable.. do you know what
could be causing such an error? thanks. --alex

"Shapira, Yoav" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> >i'm trying to simply setup and retrieve an environment variable and i
>
> Then what's all this JNI stuff ;)
>
> Consider using the System.getProperty() approach, and launching java
> with the environment variable as a system property.  For example, say
> you want to retrieve the value of the PATH variable:
> - Add -DPATH=%PATH% (on windows) or -DPATH=$PATH (on unix) to your java
> invocation, e.g. by modifying JAVA_OPTS in
> $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh.
> - Retrieve the value using System.getProperty("PATH");
>
> >i have included all the jar files that are necessary.. this is the
> error
> >it gives me
> >
> >java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no msjava_tools_1_5_nativ_msjnimanager
> >in java.l
> >ibrary.path
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1403)
> >        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
> >        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
> >        at
> >msjava.tools.nativ.MSJNIManager.<clinit>(MSJNIManager.java:53)
> >        at
> >msjava.tools.env.EnvironmentJNI.<clinit>(EnvironmentJNI.java:30)
> >        at
> >msjava.tools.env.MSEnvironmentVariable.getValue(MSEnvironmentVariable
> >.java:89)
>
> This is obviously a MSJNIManager error.  Consult its documentation for
> what it expects on the java library path: my guess is you're missing a
> dll (not a jar) there.
>
> Yoav Shapira

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality
or privilege, and use is prohibited.