tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject How to unsubscribe a different email address from ezlm [was Re: GET SOME MANNERS!!!!! Re: TO SIMONE LEIGH]
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:27:03 GMT
Snippet from the Ezmlm Manual --- specifically read the second and thrid
paragraphs (Gee, they couldn't have automated this could they?).

1.4 Unsubscribing from an ezmlm mailing list.

to the confirmation request. ezmlm will send you a message to let you
know that you are no longer a subscriber. ezmlm will also let you know
if the address was not in the subscriber list. If so, you are probably
subscribed under another address. *When this happens, construct an
unsubscribe request that contains your subscription address.*

*If you message contains a ``List-Unsubscribe:'' header, just click on
it if your mail reader supports it and send of that message. If you mail
reader doesn't support this, copy the entire address from after
``mailto:'' until just before ``>'', paste it into the ``To:'' field of
a new message and press ``SEND''. Reply to the confirmation request.*

Otherwise, you have to know your subscription address. To find it, look
at the very first header of any message from the list. This should
contain something like
mailinglist-return-2345-harold=example.com@example.org which tells you
that the message number is ``2345'' and the subscriber address is
harold@example.com. Now you remember that you subscribed a address, and
construct the appropriate command address to remove that address from
the subscriber database:
that this is a normal unsubscribe request, with a ``-'' followed by your
subscription address with the ``@'' replaced by a ``=''. If you like,
you can just use the address in the ``Return-Path'' header, and replace
the ``return-2345'' with ``unsubscribe''.) Replying to the confirmation
request will return the desired acknowledgement that the address has
been removed from the subscriber database.

You can also send -unsubscribe requests for each potential subscription
address and reply to the confirmation requests. The message sent by
ezmlm in response to you -unsubscribe confirmations will tell you if you
-unsubscribe attempt was successful.

With ezmlm-idx(*) you can also send mail to
mailinglist-query-fred=old.com@example.org,
message, the address will receive a reply telling you whether or not the
address is subscribed or not. Construct a ``-unsubscribe'' message from
the one that gave you a positive reply and you're off the list!

If you for some reason are not successful with these attempts you can as
a last resort contact mailinglist-owner@example.org. Please describe
your problem and include a FORWARDED message from the list and a list of
the possible addresses you might be subscribed under. The list owner
will be able to help you get off the list, and can usually figure out
your subscription address from the information sent (see Helping users
to unsubscribe).

-Hope this is helpfull,
Mark Diggory