tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Zhang <zh...@clinicaltools.com>
Subject SSL & Tomcat with proxy
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 17:15:29 GMT
Hi, All -

I've installed and configured Tomcat 4.1.12 with SSL(self-signed
certificates) on two Linux RedHat 8.0 machines to
do some SOAP stuff. It works well(those two Linux machines are INSIDE
company's Intranet).  However, when I
installed SSL on a public domain Linux machine, I can't connect to it
via HTTPS, it says time-out. I didn't find any
errors in log. But HTTP works fine(port 80 vs. 443).

Compare with the two situations, the only thing different is we used
"automatically configuration script" in our LAN's
setting(IE browser). Therefore for test servers inside Intranet, they
communicate with each other directly. But for public
domain, the traffic goes through some proxy and cause the problem.

Anyone knows how to fix it? Million thanks!

-Daniel