tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Smith <...@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject Invalid command 'JkMount'....
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:04:37 GMT
Hi.

Yesterday I installed the mod_jk module into apache and managed to get
it configued and doing what I want it to do. The only problem I now have
is that whenever I start apache from the command line I get the error
message below.

Invalid command 'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

To initially get the two (apache and tomcat) talking to each other I
followed the instructiosn that can be found here
http://www.linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/tomcat-apache.html

Following these instructions I installed the rpm and everything seemed
to work fine. I modified the mod_jk.conf file and took a look at the
results. Since I had included a "JkMount /* ajp13" directive all
requests to apache were getting forwarded to tomcat. What I wanted was
only requests coming to a particular address to get forwarded to tomcat.
In other words I wanted to use virtual servers with only some sending
requests on. I removed the context I had put in the mod_jk.conf file and
instead defined a virtual server in apache and included the context in
there thus producing virtual server definition below (the hopefully
relevent parts of the httpd.conf file).

What is strange about this problem is that I can start apache quite
happily using webmin but it won't start if I do "/etc/init.d/httpd
start" from a command prompt (I get the error message above). I also get
that error message it I try and restart it from webmin. I have searched
about a bit and found quite a few suggestions that the location of the
LoadModule line makes a large difference. I have moved it all over the
httpd.conf file and to no avail.

Anybody got any ideas?

TIA
Graham

PS I am using Apache 1.3, Tomcat 4.1.24 and mod_jk 1.2.2 rpm version

httpd.conf

<IfDefine HAVE_JK>
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
#AddModule  mod_jk.c
Include /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf
</IfDefine>

<VirtualHost www.xfly.co.uk>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/xfly/"
ServerName xfly

#tomcat connector config
Alias / "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/xfly/"
<Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/xfly/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks
</Directory>

JkMount /* ajp13

<Location "/xfly/WEB-INF">