tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject context.xml question
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:32:00 GMT
Three questions here:

Can the docBase attribute of the context element be relative?  The location
of the docBase will be different depending on where I am deploying to.
Given mywebapp/META-INF/context.xml, the document root will always be two
directories up from the context.xml file.  Could this be done?  Is there a
better way of managing this?

On a seperate note, when installing a war file using the catalina ant task,
should tomcat automatically look in the META-INF directory of the war file
for a context.xml file?  I have not been able to get this to work.  I wound
up specifing both the config file as well as the war file in the install
task.  Is this how it is supposed to work?

If your set the reloadable attribute of the context element to true, do you
still need to use the ant reload task to pick up your changes?

Regards,

Joshua