tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: ClassCastException
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:03:08 GMT
you will probably want to review WebappClassLoader.java in the source. This
is the web app's classloader and contains details of setting and delegating
to the parent. Note that it does not use normal delegation - that is it
looks up the class before delegating to the parent.

Charlie

owto.html

  Is there a reason to do this as opposed to moving your classes into
tomcat's WEB-INF directory? I wouldn't do this if you are just trying to
avoid copying your files to tomcat's directory from your network drive.

  Charlie