tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ritter <kevin.rit...@jcafeinc.com>
Subject RE: Customizing 401 Error Page (this should be easy)
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:53:23 GMT
Thanks for staying with me; however, after I deleted all temporary internet
files and repeated the test the only entry in the log is what I reported
last time, which is:

127.0.0.1 - - [13/Jun/2003:09:42:55 -0600] "GET /LMS/index.jsp HTTP/1.1" 200
428

Any other suggestions? Am I implementing this correctly?

Once again thank you in advance
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Customizing 401 Error Page (this should be easy)

Howdy,

>Here's the only entry in the log:
>127.0.0.1 - - [13/Jun/2003:09:26:58 -0600] "GET /LMS/index.jsp
HTTP/1.1"
>200
>428

Clean your browser's cache and repeat the test.  The above shows the
index.jsp was requested and returned without a problem.

>If I remove the error-page element from the web.xml file everything
works
>fine. I was hoping to use my own custom error page for 401 errors when
>user of my application forgets his userId/password or clicks Cancel
form
>the Authentication login dialog. Also, I have debug set at 99.

How are you handling the cancel in the login dialog or the wrong
password?  Redirect?  Forward?  Set response code to 401?

If you can post your index.jsp code, we could probably help more...

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.