tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ritter <kevin.rit...@jcafeinc.com>
Subject RE: Customizing 401 Error Page (this should be easy)
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:38:35 GMT
Good point--I've checked the log and I'm not seeing any errors--should I be
seeing errors?

Here's the only entry in the log:
127.0.0.1 - - [13/Jun/2003:09:26:58 -0600] "GET /LMS/index.jsp HTTP/1.1" 200
428

If I remove the error-page element from the web.xml file everything works
fine. I was hoping to use my own custom error page for 401 errors when a
user of my application forgets his userId/password or clicks Cancel form the
Authentication login dialog. Also, I have debug set at 99.

Again thank you in advance
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Customizing 401 Error Page (this should be easy)

Howdy,

>I'm not getting any errors that would prevent Tomcat from starting.

Are you getting any errors at all?  Specifically, is there really a 401
when people are trying to access index.jsp?  That would cause your
behavior.  Consult tomcat's access log (enable it if it's disabled, as
is the default).  Look for the response code when accessing index.jsp.

If you still can't see what's happening, enable debug="99" for your
host, context, engine, and post the logs.

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.