tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angus Mezick" <amez...@guidestar.org>
Subject RE: InstanceListener
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:07:06 GMT
Yup, saw that message.  I also found one written by Craig that had the
syntax I was expecting.  As for why I am using it, I am writing a JDBC
session manager.  The sessions are only in memory when actively being
used and then stored in the DB.  I figure that 1 network transaction per
page to the DB affecting 1 server is better that 1 multicast per page to
ALL 6 servers in a cluster.  Also a bit nicer on memory usage.  I have
NO real limit on how many sessions I can support.  I need the instance
listener to catch the AFTER_SERVICE event.  This allows me to update my
session once the servlet/jsp processing has completed.  I just need to
filter out all non/servlet traffic (just remove the default servlet
entries) and I am all set!  Right now I just dislike the fact that the
manager app gets the whole session array and then does a count on it
instead of asking the manager for a count.  Makes things a bit messy.
--Angus