tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Angus Mezick" <amez...@guidestar.org>
Subject RE: is session id unique across webapps ?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:27:34 GMT
Hmm, I just read those two thread and I didn't see a final solution.  Is
getJvmRoute() unique across tomcat instances running on 5 web servers
all serving the same app using a JDBC session manager.  I know session
id is unique within a webapp but what about over a cluster of webapps
that don't use sticky sessions?  All that blather about it being a
statistical improbability that a session id will be duped is crap.  It
has to be IMPOSSIBLE across a non-sticky cluster for a dupe session id
to be generated.
--Angus

-Tim