tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Angus Mezick" <amez...@guidestar.org>
Subject RE: Tomcat Memory leaks!
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:27:21 GMT
How would setting fork to true change anything?  I thought it was the
default setting.  Am I wrong or is the documentation in web.xml wrong?
--Angus

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Burton [mailto:alex@e-plus.com.au] 
> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:30 AM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Memory leaks!
> 
> 
> Have a look here: 
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html
> 
> In your <tomcat_home>/conf/web.xml you can modify the 
> following like this (assuming you have Jikes installed):
> 
>     <servlet>
>         <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
>         
> <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
>             <param-value>WARNING</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>fork</param-name>
>             <param-value>true</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>compiler</param-name>
>             <param-value>jikes</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
>     </servlet>
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Abbate [mailto:cogea@ectisp.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, 3 June 2003 2:18 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Memory leaks!
> 
> 
> Hi. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Can 
> you explain what needs to be done for this? You talking about 
> changing `javac`? Thanks
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Burton [mailto:alex@e-plus.com.au]
> Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 11:12 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Tomcat Memory leaks!
> 
> 
> Try the option to fork off the JSP compiles (or even use 
> Jikes to compile).
> 
> There seems to be a problem with compiling of JSPs that does 
> not use the usual memory you can allocate with the -Xmx type 
> flag... maybe one of the guru's can explain this.. but we had 
> similar problem that whe nwe moved to jikes forked compiles 
> went away...
> 
> Hope that helps.
> 
> Cheers,
> Alex.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Abbate [mailto:cogea@ectisp.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, 3 June 2003 2:06 PM
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Tomcat Memory leaks!
> Importance: High
> 
> 
> Hi. It seems Tomcat (4.1.24) has a major memory leak, and I 
> wanted to bring it to the developers attention so they can 
> check it out.
> 
> I run a shared hosting server (Mandrake 8.2, Apache 1.3) with 
> virtual hosts. I have 1 Gig of RAM and about 50 virtual hosts 
> and yet I keep getting Out of Memory errors!
> 
> I have made numerous adjustments to memory allocations, yet 
> nothing helps. Here's an example of what I've done:
> 
> CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx64mb"
> and
> CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx1028mb"
> 
> I can furnish my server.xml file upon request or anything 
> else you may need to fix the problem.
> 
> Thanks
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release Date: 5/19/2003
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release Date: 5/19/2003
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message