tomcat-users mailing list archives

From iv...@telia.com
Subject Certificate Athentication + Authorization to services
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:13:36 GMT
Dear Sirs.

I have installed Certificates both in the Tomcat-server and in my
browsers.

I'm using Coyote-connector in jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14.

The Connector is configured for Client-authnetication

               enableLookups="true"
               acceptCount="100" debug="2" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
      <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="true" protocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="./conf/keystore"
               keystorePass="changeit" />
    </Connector>

The SSL connection seems to get set up fine.

What I can't find, is how to get the User-Identity from the Certificate
in the Browser that establishes a connection???

I would need the  "Distinguished name of the Client-certificate" in a
session-
parameter.
Which further on would direct what authorities corresponding  user has in
Server-system.

Greatful for any Idea.

best regards
   Ivan Prochazka