tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>
Subject Re: tomcat 4.1.24 + sdk 1.4.1_03 + Win XP + oracle
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:30:09 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:53, Naveen My wrote:
> I am a student and am planning to create a small web based application
> using
>
> tomcat 4.1.24 + sdk 1.4.1_03 + Win XP + oracle

Being a student and using Oracle doesn't seem to be something that would mix
very well from a licensing perspective I think you have to be an Oracle
partner these days to even use it just for development, plus for a small web
application it's a bit of overkill.

Is there any reason you can't just use MySQL? There are a lot of examples
around using MySQL as well, you won't get licensing problems and it is also
much more suited for smaller tasks.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge