tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Muratet <...@torchconcepts.com>
Subject Re: Wierd browser problem with code 304
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:07:26 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:08:49 -0400
"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
> Yes, most likely his cache.  Have him clear it, restart his browser,
> and try again.
>
> And update to 4.1.24 when you get the chance ;)

Will do.

We have chased the problem a little farther, and the problem may be
larger than his browser. We can reproduce the problem on other copies of
IE, and on Gnome Galeon, although the Mac OS X browser works. [Sigh]

We use session data to track attributes of the user. These get set at
the top page, and checked and/or updated as they work through the site.
Session attributes set at the top page are mysteriously getting set to
NULL a couple of pages later. I don't see anything about how to track or
troubleshoot session data in the Sun "Core Web..." book. Can anyone
offer suggestions on how to track session data from page to page?

Thanks

Mike