tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Holger Klawitter <li...@klawitter.de>
Subject Re: How use an external C program in a Servlet
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:53:37 GMT
Am Dienstag, 24. Juni 2003 09:51 schrieb Michel Jubault:
> Hi there !!
>
> I've  a little C program. This computes some variables and return a kind of
> statistic result. I need it in a servlet. But I don't know how to call it.
> I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24.
> Where this program must be to be launched ?
> How can I pass arguments to C program and use in servlet the return value ?

The normal java contains the solution:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/lang/Runtime.html#exec(java.lang.String[])

However, this imposes a lot of security concerns. You will probably have to
dig into $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/catalina.policy.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards
	Holger Klawitter
--
lists@klawitter.de