tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>
Subject Re: Getting servlet to run
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:02:41 GMT
I suggest that you check out the Application Developer's Guide at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/index.html

Your problem stems from the fact that the majority of text books assume the
servlet invoker is switched on, but the servlet invoker is evil so in recent
versions of Tomcat it is switched off by default. :)

This means you must map your servlets in your web.xml file, see the FAQ for
more details:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#invoker

Regards,
--