tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dan Soschin <d_sosc...@yahoo.com>
Subject SSL Handshake Error / Couldn't find trusted certificate
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:31:24 GMT
Specs: Tomcat 4.0.6 w/ JDK 1.4.1 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I run the keytool command to generate keystore successfully, obtained a csr from thawte and
successfully imported it into the keystore file.  I modified the server.xml file to point
to the
keystore file, etc, uncommenting SSL connector

When I access my app at https:8443/myapp... I get the follow error in Tomcat:

2003-06-23 14:57:40 StandardWrapperValve[portal]: Servlet.service() for servlet portal threw
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception opening resource
https://localhost:8443/portal/FileMenuController.exec?action=viewAlt:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find
trusted certificate

I'm new to Tomcat/SSL, but I have gone over the instructions in the howTo from apache and
thawte
and cannot get any further.

Can anybody please tell me what stupid thing I forget to do?  I'm sure its obvious.

Thanks!