tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DTC <dinhtch...@yahoo.com>
Subject TOMCAT's WEBDAV question
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:41:03 GMT
Hi
I am trying to use Tomcat's implementation of WEBDAV for my file upload requirement .After
deploying webDAV as a web folder, I need to open to webdav as a webfolder, and upload files
by dragging them over from Windows Explorer to IE .

By default, Tomcat’s webDAV does not have a configurable property where we can set the rootpath
of where the files will be uploaded to (eg. C:/tmp).  I think TOMCAT’s implementation “PUTs”
the file based on a relative path to the webdav web app directory .

Right now, when you drag a file over to the webdav folder, it’s treated as a “PUT” method,
and it will invoke “DefaultServlet”’s service() to do the uploading.

Do you know if it is possible to set an absolute root path with Tomcat's webDAV ? if it's
not configurable, how would we change the code to do this ?

I have been looking at WebDAVServlet, but found no solution yet how to control where the files
will be sent to .

- Ch