tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikael Blomqvist <mi...@peachpuff.com>
Subject Re: disable session support in Tomcat
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:29:53 GMT
Not specifically within Tomcat (since a lot of pages require it).
But you can stop your pages from forcing the creation of new sessions (and thereby if no pages
request a session you wont have any sessions).

>From JSP 1.2 spec chapter 2.10.1, table JSP2.1:

session
Indicates that the page requires participation in an (http) session. If  true  then the implicit
script language variable named  session  of type javax.servlet.http.HttpSession references
the current/new session for the page. If  false  then the page does not participate in a session;
the  session  implicit variable is unavailable, and any reference to it within the body of
the JSP page is illegal and shall result in a fatal translation error. Default is  true .

ie, do <%@ page session="false" %> on all your pages to "disable" sessions.

/M