tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <>
Subject Re: ok, am I offically lost here
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:46:02 GMT

You're first stop should be here:

and for something more indepth you can check out the online version of Core
Servlets and JSP at:

I think by default support for symbolic links are switched off so that is why
it wouldn't be working for you, the ROOT webapp is a special one and servers
from the root context as the name would suggest. What you want to do is
create something like:

			web.xml (copy the one from the ROOT web app to start

You JSP would then be accessible at http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/yourjsp.jsp

That would give you a good start and the documentation should help with the
rest. :)

Jason Bainbridge