tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Riaan Oberholzer <riaanoberhol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Where does Tyrex fit in?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:13:25 GMT
I might be clutching at straws here...

Referring to an earlier mail of mine reporting a
problem in setting up datasource (cannot configure
BasicDataSource 'null', or something like that), I
read somewhere in a posting that I should be sure to
have the tyrex.jar in my server/lib or common/lib. It
also said it should be standard as of 4.0 and with the
Tomcat distribution, but I cannot find this jar
anywhere in my Tomcat installation (4.1.24).

What is it and what is it used for? Is it indeed
required, or was I put on a wild-goose chase?

I wanted to check out the tyrex site, but the
exolab-http://tyrex.exolab.org/ site (which is the
link from the Tomcat javadocs) results in an error.

Thanks

Riaan